Choosing the ideal car for Uber is a big decision, as drivers rely on their vehicles to make their money. Your vehicle can also have quite an effect on your passengers’ experiences and your ratings. Looking for what cars are eligible for Uber can be overwhelming in a market that offers many makes and models of vehicles; however, keeping in mind Uber’s general requirements can help you filter your choices.
Uber vehicles are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The vehicle must have four fully functioning doors.
- The vehicle must be able to transport at least four passengers.
- The vehicle must be fewer than 15 years old.
- The vehicle must be in good condition without cosmetic damage or modifications.
- No commercial branding is to be present.
- The vehicle must pass an Uber vehicle inspection.
Aside from the general requirements, you should also consider comfort, fuel efficiency, and safety when you’re choosing the perfect car:
- Fuel economy: A vehicle without dependable gas mileage can often leave you waiting at the gas station and prevent you from maximizing your earnings.
- Space: Spacious vehicles have enough room to comfortably accommodate travelers for the duration of their ride.
- Safety: It’s essential to choose a car that keeps you and your riders safe during transport. Many current models have built-in driving assistance features that assist with driver awareness.
Several vehicles rank well among partner dealerships and drivers:
- Toyota Camry: A midsize sedan proven to be stellar in fuel efficiency, the Camry also comes as a hybrid model to heighten fuel economy.
- Honda Civic: The Civic is a reliable sedan that also gets excellent gas mileage and that’s ranked highly in performance.
- Acura MDX SUV: The MDX is a powerful sedan that has received promising passenger comfort and safety reviews.
- Toyota Highlander: A stylish and smooth-performing SUV, the Highlander provides plenty of room for travelers.
- Toyota Sienna: The Sienna is an accessible vehicle that accommodates most riders with wheelchairs.
Aside from knowing what cars are eligible for Uber, if you’re renting a car to drive for Uber, keep in mind that you need to rent a vehicle from an approved outlet. Outlets such as Fast Track Mobility offer a wide variety of cars of all preferences and accessibility levels. To rent a TLC vehicle, rideshare drivers must have a valid TLC license and abide by the rules of the participating dealer.